Club Explores Options to Make Moody Depot ADA Compliant

Posted on August 4, 2002 in Meeting Minutes | 0 comments

The meeting was called to order on August 2nd at 7:10 PM by Club President Bill Lancaster.

The minutes for the last business meeting were approved as presented.

Betty Neill distributed the Treasurer’s Report and it was approved as presented.

Old Business

Ed Neill said the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) rules state a disabled person “must be able to enter unassisted”. That leaves us with three choices for the building:

  1. Expand the sliding door so it will open all the way.
  2. Fill-in with a single door and panels on either side.
  3. Put in a pair of doors.

A motion was made, seconded, and carried for Ed Neill to research these choices and find the least expensive option.

Ed reported on his research of insulation materials. He said ISO board is the best. We would need 1-1/2″ or 2″ thick board. He noted it only comes in 4’ x 8’ lengths. Ed will bring samples of each to the next meeting for examination by the membership. A decision will be made at that time.

Bill Lancaster noted that the club is setting up at the Temple Mall at 9:30 PM right after the business meeting. We were allotted a very limited space. As a result, the only portions to be displayed are the raffle module and an N Scale layout. They will be about 4’x8’ each.

Bill Lancaster reported on the Sign Committee. Althought Dan Ladd is in Ireland, he told Bill he talked with Ken Cicora. There will be no preconditions on the sign. To be effective, we need a minimum size of a 4’ X 8’. The membership wants the sign committee to research options and make recommendations.

Harold Trammell reported he will be meeting with a Good Sams Club RV group on August 14th and asked permission to give them a tour of the depot. This was approved.

New Business

The club now has a microwave thanks to Kennedy Gauger.

Bill Lancaster reported that Mary Erving would like to visit at our next business meeting.

The new Librarian is Dieter Hiersig. He will organize the materials in order to make them more useful to the membership. One of the things he has planned is to make cards for the books so we can track when they are checked out and returned.

Carl Johnson put up a “Do not want to do” list and asked members to sign up so he can make appropriate duty assignments for the Train Show.

Advertising for the Show was discussed. Ellen Trammell will call Annie Adams to see if she still has contacts to get an announcement in the Troy newspaper.

Bob Alston led a discussion regarding a number of requests by vendors for a one-day setup. The decision was to only allow that option as a last resor if tables remain unsold, and to charge the vendor the full two-day price but to assign them locations that will make their exit less noticeable.

The meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *