The Temple Historic Preservation Committee hosted a reception honoring the Moody Depot as the latest recipient of a Temple Historic Marker. The reception was held on Saturday, August 6th, at 11:30A.M. in the Moody Depot on 403 W Ave B.
The Moody Depot was built in 1881 effectively putting Moody on the map; it was later enlarged in 1901 to accommodate more freight and passengers. The big brown and yellow depot was later moved in 1975 off the railroad property to the City of Temple and is now used as the headquarters for the Central Texas Area Model Railroaders Organization.